The Student News Site of Evangelical Christian School

Eagle's Eye

ECS Students Perform at Delta Fair

The Delta Fair only comes around once a year and when it does, it seems to be a common place for students to go and hang out and have tons of fun together. It is a week full of crazy rides, great food, and live music.

Last week, a selection of ECS students had the opportunity to perform at the Delta Fair.

On September 3rd, the Carpenters performed a set on the Delta Stage starting with Lily Beth, 6th grade, who sang “Shy” from the musical Once Upon a Mattress. Polly Marie, 8th grade, sang “Popular” from Wicked while Taylor Ann sang an improvised version of “This World is not My Home.” Lastly, J. Michael performed “Moondance” by Michael Buble. On that Thursday, Mic Wilkins rapped some of his originals. A selection of students made an appearance to support his performance. On September 10th, Flight, the ECS acapella group, performed “Let Me Down Easy” by Sheppard and “Stay” by Zedd and Alessia Cara. Friends and family of the students came to add to the large audience at the “Delta Fair Stage.” After Flight’s number, Amelia Beckham, Bella Horrocks, Noah Mrok, Andrew Johnson, Hart Madison and Laura Beth Baker all performed solos to the songs of their choosing. They all did a beautiful job and took the audience’s breath away. Taylor Aaron, 10th grade, competed in the Delta Fair Pageant and won! As Miss Teen Delta Fair, she supported multiple performances that week.

Keep your ears open for more performances from your fellow students in the future.