The Student News Site of Evangelical Christian School

Eagle's Eye

Food Review: The Wing Guru

Ben Hicks, Lead Writer

This Saturday I had the privilege of attending a restaurant that I had never eaten at before, a wonderful chicken wing joint on Mount Moriah called The Wing Guru. Never before have I had hot wings as delicious as these and believe that they may be the best wings I have ever had. Walking into the restaurant, I could tell that I was entering a prestigious restaurant; there were reviews and awards all over the walls that backed up their name.

The Wing Guru has forever changed my perspective on chicken wings. I ordered a 5 piece meal with fries and honestly say that it was some of the best sweet tea I’ve ever tasted. I got mild hot sauce for my wings; it was a little hotter than I expected but nevertheless was still good. Next time I intend to get the “World Famous” Honey Suicide Sauce and give it a try. The wings themselves were whole wings instead of just drums or smaller wings like you could get at Buffalo Wild Wings, and 5 were enough to fill me up. The fries were also dry good, they were crinkle cut fries with seasoning on them, and for some reason it reminded me of the seasoning that comes with Ramen Noodles, and didn’t need much, if any, salt. The sweet tea was really sweet, but wasn’t so sweet that it was syrupy and unenjoyable, like many restaurants’ tea is. Overall, the food was fantastic.

With great service, atmosphere, and wonderful food, The Wing Guru, can easily be considered one of the best restaurants in Memphis, and according to many food reviewers around the country, the best wing joint in the USA. So, if you’re ever down on Mount Moriah and feel like getting some chicken wings, stop on by The Wing Guru for some sweet tea, fries, and the best chicken wings in the country.