The Student News Site of Evangelical Christian School

Eagle's Eye

Carmelo Anthony Joins The OKC Thunder!

Robert Powell

In this NBA offseason, it has been a whirlwind of trades, beef, and outlandish storylines that we haven’t seen in a while for the NBA. From the beginning of the offseason, we were surprised with the “Chris Paul to Rockets” trade, and we also were hit with the news of Kyrie Irving leaving the Cleveland Cavaliers for the Boston Celtics. But most recently, the Oklahoma City Thunder surprised the NBA world with a trade of their own. Former New York Knicks player, Carmelo Anthony, was traded to the Oklahoma City Thunder. Carmelo was traded for OKC center Enes Kanter, OKC forward Doug McDermont, and Chicago’s 2018 second-round draft pick. This trade for the Oklahoma City Thunder puts them in championship contention with their lethal offensive repertoire. The Thunder is loaded with superstar players such as: 2017 NBA MVP Russell Westbrook, 4x all-star Paul George, and 10x all-star Carmelo Anthony. With this much firepower on the Thunder, OKC will be able to compete for a NBA championship in a crowded Western Conference, and they will look to challenge the 2017 NBA champions Golden State Warriors, NBA runner-up Cleveland Cavaliers, Houston Rockets, and San Antonio Spurs. With the addition of future Hall of Famer Carmelo Anthony, the Oklahoma City Thunder are bound for one of the most successful seasons in the existence of the franchise.